Pedestrian accidents are a serious and growing problem all throughout the United States. The popularity smartphones, texting, and social media have resulted in an explosion of distracted driver accidents. If you or one of your family members has been hit by a car while walking, crossing the street or riding on a bicycle, you need an experienced attorney to protect your legal right to recover full compensation.
Call the Hampton Eppes Law Group at (817) 877-5201 to receive your free pedestrian accident case review and to protect your legal right to recover just financial compensation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
A May 29, 2017, report, from the Governors Highway Safety Association, showed that the number of pedestrians killed in a pedestrian accident was approximately 6,000 last year. The number of total fatal pedestrian accidents grew over 11 percent over last year. This 11 percent increase in fatal pedestrian accidents is believed to be one of the largest single-year in fatal pedestrian accidents over 20 years.
The Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Parker County, Texas
The Governors Highway Safety Association, a government agency that represents the collection of state highway safety offices, finds that the most substantial factors contributing to these pedestrian accidents are cell phone usage while driving. The following is a list of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents throughout the State of Texas.
- Inattentive Driving – Eating, cell phone use, operating the car radio and all other forms of distracted driving.
- Drunk Driving – Driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Drowsy Driving – Driving while sleepy or exhausted.
- Drugged Driving – Driving while under the influence of illegal drugs, prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications.
- Poor Vision – The driver does not see the pedestrian due to poor visibility, poor eye vision, the pedestrian wearing dark clothes at night, and other contributing poor vision factors.
- Poor Weather Conditions – Rainy, foggy, snowy, and other inclement weather conditions that reduce the driver’s visibility.
- Reckless Driving – Speeding, swerving, road rage, traffic violations (such as running red lights), and other driver negligence.
- Pedestrian Precipitated Events- Running into oncoming traffic, walking behind vehicles backing up, and other pedestrian causal events.
- Parking Lot Safety Deficiencies – Parking lots lacking stop signs, speed bumps, proper lighting, and other pedestrian traffic control, safety devices.
The Time That You Have to File Your Claim is Limited
Call the Hampton Eppes Law Group at (817) 877-5201 to receive your free pedestrian accident case review. This critical phone call will inform you of your legal rights and the necessary actions required to recover financial compensation for your injuries.
Injuries Sustained in Pedestrian Accidents
The trauma caused by a motor vehicle colliding with a pedestrian is usually catastrophic by nature. The weight, speed and the solidity of the materials used to manufacture motorcycles, cars or trucks make these vehicles a traveling “lethal weapon” on public roadways. The only thing stopping catastrophic injuries or death is the attentive and safe driving of the vehicle’s operator.
The types of pedestrian accident-related injuries may include:
- Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Collapsed Lungs
- Internal Bleeding
- Severed Arteries
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychological Damage
- Loss of Pregnancy
- Skin Injuries (Road Rash)
- Physical Handicaps
- Other Catastrophic Injuries
Be sure to call the Hampton Eppes Law Group for a free, no obligation case review. Learn how we can help protect your legal rights and obtain fair compensation for your injuries and accident-related damages. Contact the Hampton Eppes Law Group at (817) 877-5201 today.
Where Most Pedestrian Accidents Occur
Driver negligence accounts for a majority of the pedestrian accidents that occur on a daily basis throughout the State of Texas. Knowing the places that these accidents typically happen, can help you and your family stay safe. The following locations have been found to be more prone to pedestrian accidents.
- School Bus Stops
- Public Bus Stops
- School Crosswalks
- Crosswalk Accidents
- Sidewalk Accidents
- Bike Path Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Hit by Car While Crosswalks, sidewalks, or in a parking lot.
- “Multi-use Path” Accidents
- “Class III Bikeway” Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Parking Garage Accidents
Injured due to a negligent driver? Contact the Hampton Eppes Law Group at (817) 877-5201 today. Attorney Hampton with provide you with a free case review and explain the compensation you could be entitled to receive.
Competent, Compassionate and Skilled Representation in Parker County, Texas
Attorney Jeff Hampton founded the Hampton Eppes Law Group to protect the rights of personal injury victims injured by the negligent actions of another. The Hampton Eppes Law Group will give you a powerful voice, within the Texas judicial system, to ensure that you obtain full compensation – or you pay no legal fees.
Qualifications, Results and Reputation for Top Legal Advocacy
Attorney Jeff Hampton is the recipient of several, high-profile accolades and achievements including:
- A perfect Avvo.com rating of 10/10. This score is a calculation of experience, quality of service, past client reviews and reviews from fellow legal colleagues.
- The National Trial Lawyers named Jeff Hampton one of its “Top 100 Trial Lawyers.”
- The National Trial Lawyers also named Jeff Hampton, “Top 40 Under 40.”
- Fort Worth Magazine awarded Jeff Hampton inclusion to its “Top Attorneys” list.
The list of the law firm’s accomplishments, as mentioned above, serves as a demonstration of the Hampton Eppes Law Group’s capabilities and reputation for quality legal representation. If you are searching for a pedestrian accident attorney to represent you or your family member, you can trust the compassionate, caring and skilled legal representation offered by the Hampton Eppes Law Group.
Free Pedestrian Accident Injury Case Review
When you or your family member receives an injury during a pedestrian accident, it is time to speak with a qualified lawyer. Call the accomplished personal injury law firm of the Hampton Eppes Law Group. Our law firm represents clients in Parker County, Texas and throughout the State of Texas. Contact the Hampton Eppes Law Group at (817) 877-5201 today for your free consultation and case analysis.
Hampton Eppes Law Group
117 N. Main Street
Weatherford, TX, 76086
Office (817) 877-5201